From 1st February 2022, AXELOS eBooks are already bundled with the exam voucher. To provide access to its eBooks, PeopleCert cooperates with VitalSource Bookshelf, one of the most used eTextbook providers.
Candidates can gain access to the eBook right after redeeming the PeopleCert voucher code on the portal.
How can I access my eBook?
If you have purchased a course with exam or exam only package with ExamSimul, you will be provided with a PeopleCert Voucher Code for your Examination and eBook.
If you do not have a PeopleCert account, you will have to create a new one before accessing.
STEP 1 – REDEEM YOUR VOUCHER CODE
As soon as you log into their PeopleCert Account you will be presented with a Welcome Screen. In this screen, you will have the option to navigate amongst several options but importantly, you will be able to redeem the voucher by filling in the voucher code in the respective field.
STEP 2 – SELECT THE EBOOK LANGUAGE
As soon as a Voucher is submitted, a confirmation screen will appear, verifying the action and asking you to choose the language of preference for the eBook about to be opened.
STEP 3 – ACCESS YOUR EBOOK
Upon completion of the ‘redeem process’, you are presented with a new screen with a notification red dot that will show that there is a new eBook available for them in the library.
In the new My eBooks tab you will be able to access your eBook in the PeopleCert branded VitalSource library for Online or Offline reading, notetaking, highlighting and many more functionalities.
Access your eBook online
To access your eBook online, click on the “View Online” action in My eBooks tab. You will be redirected to PeopleCert’s Bookshelf to read your eBook.
Access your eBook offline
If you need to have access to your eBook offline on your device of choice, you may download the corresponding eBook Reader Application for your mobile or desktop device.
eBook Reader Applications are available for iOS, Android, Kindle, Mac, Windows and Chromebook powered devices.
Please follow the below steps to access your eBook from your laptop or Desktop:
1. Access PeopleCert’s Bookshelf through the “My eBooks” section on your Account, clicking the “View Online” action
2. Click the Download our App button located in the upper-right corner of your Library.
3. You will then be redirected to VitalSource’s download area to select the Application to install for your device of choice.
4. Once the Application is installed on your device, do not launch it. Go back to PeopleCert’s Bookshelf and click on the Launch Desktop App button on the top-right side of the screen.
5. Upon downloading the App and clicking the Launch Desktop App button, you will see a message (according to the browser you are using) requesting permission to open your Desktop Bookshelf App. By clicking on “Open VitalSource Bookshelf”, you will be able to download your eBook and gain access to it offline.
Please follow the bellow steps to access your eBook from your Mobile Device:
1. Access PeopleCert’s Bookshelf though the “My eBooks” section on your Account, clicking the “View Online” action.
2. If this is the first time you have accessed a PeopleCert eBook, the Bookshelf module will open, and you will be asked to Launch App or Not now to Continue to Mobile Site.
- Open App: If you already have Bookshelf installed on your mobile device, click this button to be automatically signed into the app and be taken to your book. If you don’t have Bookshelf installed, you will be redirected to your device’s Store to download it.
- Not now: Click this button to view your eBook in your browser using Bookshelf Online.
Any books downloaded to Bookshelf on your mobile device will be available for offline reading. You will not need to return to your PeopleCert Account to read your eBook.
For how long do I have access to my eBook?
There are no time limitations in accessing your eBook.
What browsers are supported for eBooks?
Please note that Internet Explorer is not supported for Online reading.
Supported Browsers are: Chrome, Firefox, Microsoft Edge, Safari, Opera, Mobile Safari, Chrome for Android.
Applications for Offline Reading are: iOS, Android, Kindle Fire, Mac, Microsoft Store, Chromebook.
How to configure a Firewall for use with VitalSource?
Firewalls work to block unauthorized access to computers. They can protect against other malicious activity on the Internet, such as hackers using “malware” malicious programs often disguised as legitimate software to get at your private data. Sometimes firewalls block sites that are not malicious.
Please read this article that describes recommendations for configuring a firewall for use with VitalSource.
What if I already use VitalSource Bookshelf?
I ALREADY HAVE THE VITALSOURCE BOOKSHELF APPLICATION INSTALLED TO ACCESS OTHER EBOOKS. CAN I READ ALL MY EBOOKS FROM THERE?
You can only access your PeopleCert eBooks by signing-in to your Bookshelf Application from your PeopleCert Account.
You cannot be signed in to more than one account within the VitalSource app at one time.
If you already have a Bookshelf Offline Application downloaded and you are signed in with your VitalSource credentials, you will need to sign out and sign in from your Peoplecert Account. Upon clicking on the “Launch Desktop App” button from your PeopleCert Bookshelf, your app will open and present you with a sign out option.
I HAVE ALREADY INSTALLED THE VITALSOURCE OFFLINE APPLICATION. DO I HAVE TO REINSTALL IT AGAIN?
No, you don’t have to download the Offline Application again. You must launch the Application through the PeopleCert Bookshelf again.
How do I purchase a hard copy book?
Please contact us for ordering your Paperback book. This will have an additional cost.
Can I use eBooks during PeopleCert examinations?
If you wish to use your eBook during an Open Book examination, you are allowed to view your full eBook on a second portable device such as Smartphones, Tablets or Laptops.
An electronic copy of the Book will be available on your Examination interface for all Open Book examinations:
- If the device you are using for taking the examination supports a modern viewing interface (i.e.. having the latest OS and supported Browser updates installed), you will be presented with your full eBook experience containing your notes, bookmarks, highlights, etc.
- Otherwise, you will be presented with the standard PDF of the eBook