The TOGAF® Standard, 10th Edition makes adoption of best practices easier. It will show you where to find enduring and universal concepts and proven best practices, and it will also underscore where to look for new emerging ideas. Together, the universal concepts, best practice guidance, and emerging ideas enable you to adopt the TOGAF® Standard for your configured Enterprise Architecture practice:
- The TOGAF® Standard is used by small, medium, and large commercial businesses, as well as government departments, non-government public organizations, and defense agencies
- With greatly expanded guidance, and how-to material, it enables organizations to operate in an efficient and effective way across a broad range of use-cases, including Agile enterprises and Digital Transformation
- The TOGAF® Standard is designed for the dichotomy of common universal concepts and variable detailed configurations
- The structure focuses on what most architects want – more, better, and topical guidance on how to deliver the best Enterprise Architecture that supports their stakeholders and their organization
- The TOGAF® Standard is divided into the TOGAF® Fundamental Content and the TOGAF® Series Guides; the TOGAF® Fundamental Content provides the core concepts and practices and the TOGAF® Series Guides advise on configuration of the Fundamental Content
The TOGAF® Standard, 10th Edition builds on previous versions of the TOGAF® Standard, and expands the material available to architecture practitioners to make the adoption of best practices easier. It represents today’s stable, scalable, best practice.
The TOGAF® Standard applies to all Enterprise Architecture practices. It does not matter whether your architecture will support strategy, portfolio, project, or solution delivery, or whether it is about embarking on a Digital Transformation or legacy simplification – the TOGAF® Fundamental Content and the TOGAF® Series Guides provide enduring, stable, universal concepts, and proven best practices.
- Enterprise Architecture Practitioner
For Enterprise Architects, the TOGAF® Standard provides an integrated, holistic view of an organizational landscape which enables strategic decisionmaking, providing best practices for business and technology trend adoption.
- Enterprise Architecture Consultant
For Consultants, the TOGAF® Standard provides a modular, scalable framework that enables organizational transformation for different use-cases and architecture styles.
- Enterprise Architecture Tool Vendors
For tool vendors, the TOGAF® Standard provides a reference model for architecture views, an Enterprise Architecture repository and deliverables, as well as the TOGAF® Architecture Development Method (ADM) and governance framework to support the practice in an automated way.
- Enterprise Architecture Trainers
For authorized trainers and TOGAF® Certification candidates, the TOGAF® Certification Program is a worldwide recognized Certification Program designed to provide up-to-date and relevant practices that demonstrate competency in the TOGAF® Standard, and the TOGAF® Body of Knowledge.
The TOGAF® documentation set is stored in the TOGAF® Library and contains:
- The TOGAF® Standard:
— TOGAF® Fundamental Content
— TOGAF® Series Guides
- Supporting material:
— Pocket Guides
— White Papers
— Data Sheets
— Reference Cards
The TOGAF® Library is a curated collection of emerging and proven ideas, plus additional useful materials such as guidelines, templates, patterns, and other forms of reference material to accelerate the creation of new architectures for the enterprise.
The TOGAF® Library is a section of The Open Group Library, which contains many materials useful to Enterprise Architects, such as the IT4IT™ Standard, the Digital Practitioner Body of Knowledge™ (also known as the DPBoK™ Standard), the Open Agile Architecture™ Standard (also known as the O-AA™ Standard), and the Open Business Architecture Standard (O-BA).