Training and certification are based on the latest (2020) edition of The Scrum Guide. Developed by Scrum creators Ken Schwaber and Jeff Sutherland, it contains the definition of Scrum, consisting of Scrum roles, events, artefacts, and the rules that bind them together.
Courses offer a combination of instruction and team-based exercises, purposefully designed to be less IT- and more wide business-focused.
Delegates will learn the role of Scrum Master and/or Product Owner, enabling adoption of the Scrum framework for more effective product and solution development..
At the end of each section of the course, there will be a hands-on exercise to fix the concepts just explained and become familiar with the exam questions.
Who it is addressed to
- Anyone involved in product & solution development using the Scrum framework.
- Particularly beneficial for those accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum team members.
Contents of the Scrum Master course
Here’s what you’ll learn:
- Gain a deep understanding of the Scrum Framework - the theory, practices, roles, rules and values - as defined in The Scrum Guide.
- Understand - in detail - the role of Scrum Master and how the role interacts with different members of the Scrum Team and other stakeholders.
- Master the Scrum principles to better understand their application when returning to the workplace.
- Understand how to construct an effective development team with an appropriate mix of skills and experience.
- Know how to act as a servant-leader for the Scrum Team, promoting and enabling self-organization to create high value products.
- Learn how to facilitate Scrum Events and remove impediments to the Scrum Team's progress.
- Help Scrum Product Owners shape and refine product backlogs to guide early and incremental delivery of valuable products.
- Drive adoption of the Scrum framework for more effective product and solution development, working with stakeholders and other Scrum Masters to improve its effectiveness.
BITIL.COM lecturers are accredited (Accredited Trainer) by the international training body to teach and supervise exams; specialists in Agile Scrum, they are professionals with many years of experience in best practice adoption projects in medium and large Organization, able to transfer a software vendor-independent and totally business-oriented implementation approach.
This Scrum Master® course is offered by BITIL.COM ATO of APMG.