All our courses have a strong practical component. The theoretical part is constantly complemented by simulations on real IT problems.
- Understand the relationship between ISO/IEC 20000 standard and ITSM and use best practices in ITSM to apply appropriate methods within an organization.
- Understand, identify and explain the potential issues regarding applicability, eligibility and scoping to assist in certification readiness assessment and certification audits as well as advising on the implementation of continual improvement processes.
- Produce a gap analysis supported by an improvement and implementation plan.
- Describe the scope, aims and use of the ISO/IEC 20000 specification and code of practice, through an understanding of the roles of the component parts of the standard.
- Recognize the need to plan and implement ITSM processes, report on the IT services and major metrics of the ITSM processes, schedule and conduct regular reviews, assessments and audits and plan for continual service improvement.
At the end of each section of the course, there will be a hands-on exercise to fix the concepts just explained and become familiar with the exam questions.
This course leads to the ISO/IEC 20000 Foundation certification exam session, the passing of which provides an entry-level professional qualification in Service Management and allows you to continue on to more advanced courses (ISO 20000 Auditor, ISO 20000 Practitioner).
Who it is addressed to
- Staff working within a service provider organization that requires a basic understanding of the standard. It is equally relevant for those working within service providers who are already certified to ISO/IEC 20000 or those considering its implementation.
Contents of the ISO 20000 Foundation course
- The fundamental requirements for an SMS and the need for continual improvement.
- The processes, their objectives and high level requirements.
- Applicability and scope definition requirement.
- The purpose of internal and external audits, their operation and the associated terminology.
- The relationship with best practices, ITIL® , and related standards, ISO 9001 and ISO/IEC 27001.
BITIL.COM lecturers are accredited (Accredited Trainer) by the international training body to teach and supervise exams; specialists in Service Management, they are professionals with many years of experience in best practice adoption projects in medium and large Organization, able to transfer a software vendor-independent and totally business-oriented implementation approach.