All our courses have a strong practical component. The theoretical part is constantly complemented by simulations on real IT problems.
- Understand the relationship between ISO/IEC 20000 standard and ITSM and use best practices in ITSM to apply appropriate methods within an organization.
- Understand, identify and explain the potential issues regarding applicability, eligibility and scoping to assist in certification readiness assessment and certification audits as well as advising on the implementation of continual improvement processes.
- Produce a gap analysis supported by an improvement and implementation plan.
- Describe the scope, aims and use of the ISO/IEC 20000 specification and code of practice, through an understanding of the roles of the component parts of the standard.
- Recognize the need to plan and implement ITSM processes, report on the IT services and major metrics of the ITSM processes, schedule and conduct regular reviews, assessments and audits and plan for continual service improvement.
At the end of each section of the course, there will be a hands-on exercise to fix the concepts just explained and become familiar with the exam questions.
This course leads to the ISO/IEC 20000 Practitioner certification exam session, the passing of which provides a advanced-level professional qualification in Service Management.
Who it is addressed to
- Practitioners, managers and consultants involved in an SMS implementation and/or on-going activities based on ISO/IEC 20000.
Contents of the ISO 20000 Practitioner course
- How to assist and advise organizations in the achievement of conformance to ISO/IEC 20000-1 and certification.
- How to explain and advise on issues regarding applicability and scope definition.
- Explain the use of technology and tools to support the implementation and improvement of an SMS, the achievement of certification and the on-going demonstration of conformity to ISO/IEC 20000-1.
- How to produce and assess a gap analysis supported by an improvement and implementation plan.
- Understand, create, apply and evaluate a service management plan including the service management policy and objectives.
- Understand, create, apply and evaluate processes, procedures, process specific plans and process specific policies required by ISO/IEC 20000-1.
- Assist, advise and assess organizations on the implementation of continual improvement processes.
BITIL.COM lecturers are accredited (Accredited Trainer) by the international training body to teach and supervise exams; specialists in Service Management, they are professionals with many years of experience in best practice adoption projects in medium and large Organization, able to transfer a software vendor-independent and totally business-oriented implementation approach.