All our courses have a strong practical component. The theoretical part is constantly complemented by simulations on real business problems.
The skills acquired, when applied to one's own work context can contribute to:
- The value of enterprise architecture for aligning business and IT, driving efficiency, optimizing management practices, saving money, and organizing major infrastructural change
- The core concepts of TOGAF® Standard, including the Architectural Development Method (ADM)
- How TOGAF® Enterprise Architectures are developed and amended to suit specific businesses and stakeholders
- The key deliverables of TOGAF® Enterprise Achitecture
- Everything required to pass the official TOGAF® Enterprise Architecture Foundation (Level 1 exam) based on TOGAF® Standard
At the end of each section of the course, there will be a hands-on exercise to fix the concepts just explained and become familiar with the exam questions.
This course leads to the TOGAF® EA Foundation certification exam session, the passing of which provides an entry-level professional qualification in Enterprise Architecture and allows you to continue on to more advanced courses (TOGAF EA Practitioner).
Who it is addressed to
- Individuals who wish to achieve a basic knowledge of TOGAF® EA based on TOGAF® Standard
- Professionals who have assumed roles associated with an architectural project as well as those who are responsible for its planning, execution, development and operation
- Architects who wish to approach TOGAF® Enterprise Architecture
- Architects who wish to subsequently continue towards TOGAF® EA Practitioner (Level 2) certification based on TOGAF® Standard
- Anybody interested in learning more about Enterprise Architecture and TOGAF® Standard.
Contents of the TOGAF® EA Foundation course
- Unit 1 – Concepts
The purpose of this Learning Unit is to introduce the concepts of Enterprise Architecture and the TOGAF® Standard.
- Unit 2 – Definitions
The purpose of this Learning Unit is to help the Candidate understand relevant terminology.
- Unit 3 -Introduction to the ADM
The purpose of this Learning Unit is to help the Candidate understand the Architecture Development Method (ADM) and briefly explain the purpose and objectives of each phase, including at a high level how to adapt and scope the
ADM for use.
- Unit 4 - Introduction to the ADM Techniques
The purpose of this Learning Unit is to introduce the Candidate to ADM techniques available to support application of the ADM.
- Unit 5 - Introduction to Applying the ADM
The purpose of this Learning Unit is to introduce the Candidate to the guidance available to support application of the ADM, including use of iteration, partitioning, Agile delivery, and application in a Digital enterprise.
- Unit 6 - Introduction to Architecture Governance
The purpose of this Learning Unit is to help the Candidate understand how Architecture Governance contributes to the architecture development.
- Unit 7 - Architecture Content
The purpose of this Learning Unit is to help the Candidate understand which outputs can be produced while executing the ADM.
BITIL.COM lecturers are accredited (Accredited Trainer) by the international training body to teach and supervise exams; specialists in Enterprise Architecture, they are professionals with many years of experience in TOGAF® adoption in medium and large Organization, able to transfer a vendor-independent and totally business-oriented implementation approach.
TOGAF® EA Foundation course from BITIL.COM is accredited by The Open Group.
Registered Trademarks. TOGAF® is a registered trademark of The Open Group, the use of which is permitted only with the permission of The Open Group. All rights reserved.